Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

BETWEENS

 

April is almost here and spring is still playing hide and seek.  The rain still comes with an icy cold wind and the sun only feels warm trapped behind a window.

My muse wandered off and I have the betweens; between artwork projects; between seasons; between being a grandma and a great-grandma; between quiet days and a house full of retired husband. 

The betweens make me restless and distracted making it hard to concentrate enough to get anything useful done but I think they are almost over this time.  Yesterday I went shopping without a coat and the flowering cherries were strutting their stuff.  Then, after an evening of fine music at the Fogdog Gallery I stepped out the door to head home and the night air felt softer and the breeze was warmer.  

 
AT THE END OF THE DAY... spring always arrives...babies come when they are ready, June will be here soon enough and the mess of paint and paper in my studio reminds me...the muse always comes back. 

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that my friend....and hopefully your muse will return with the sun!!!! Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm there with ya, in the "betweens", and still waiting for my muse, looking for my muse, begging for it to come back before school starts again. . .

    ReplyDelete