Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

PINK IS...OR USED TO BE...

It's 'Roy G Biv' time again and this months color is PINK.

Many years ago I wrote a poem about pink and how I hated it because it was considered a weak color...a 'girl' color.
-----------------------------
PINK

frothy pink party dresses enveloped in ruffles and lace
pink is frilly

pastel pink petticoats peeking from beneath clouds
pink is flirty

sweet pink cotton candy dripping sticky down the chin
pink is fleeting

petal pink cherry blossoms dancing in the breeze
pink is fluttery

pale pink rose buds blushing in the sun
pink is fragile

pink is soft
pink is silly

boys don't wear pink
only girls wear pink

i don't want to be pink
------------------------------------
The years have changed my view.

now... AT THE END OF THE DAY...



I know pink is power...princess power...girl power.

4 comments:

  1. Nothing says happier than pink balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I'm the same way - light pink was too frilly, too wishy washy, too Pepto Bismol-y. Give me a vibrant magenta, though, and I"m all set. With twin 8 yr old girls at my house, we've plenty of pink among the other colors. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color pink seems to incite a lot of "controversy" - ! How interesting to come back and reconsider your poem at a later time. As much as it's wonderful to see the incredible variety of images in the theme of each month's color, I think the attitudes & emotions the colors bring up for the participants is equally intriguing. I love the masses of cherry blossoms & balloons...and here's to girl power!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your reflection is wonderful, you are so right about how we change over the years.

    ReplyDelete