Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2016

FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE



In just 2 days I will have back surgery...and my hubby and I will celebrate our 50th anniversary.

Like all couples we have had our ups and downs.

We have had years when he leaned on me and years when I leaned on him...good years and bad years 'in sickness and in health' years just like it said in our vows.

This year has been long and difficult and he has been my rock.

He has not complained while we put our normal life on hold as we navigated the medical system to find out what was wrong and how to fix it.

He has not complained about taking care of me while doing all his chores plus the ones I normally do.

He did not complain on the days when I was cranky or depressed or the days I ranted, cried and screamed......sometimes going from one to the next in rapid succession.

He did not complain as he held me on the days when the pain was so bad all I could think about was how to get from one moment to the next. 

He has been there for me through the long sleepless nights and has never expected me to pretend to feel good, when I needed all my strength just to breathe, just to keep him from worrying or make him feel better.

Although we can see the light at the end of the tunnel I know getting back to normal is going to be a slow process while I get my strength back from being inactive for over 6 months...but I also know he will be there for me through that too because he has been there for me for the past 50 years...just like I have been there for him when he needed me.

and AT THE END OF THE DAY...isn't that what marriage is?

No comments:

Post a Comment