Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Frosty Mornings






This morning we had our first frost of the season.  Fall is my favorite time of year.   I love the colors of the turning leaves and the crunchy sound they make when I walk on them after they have fallen in a thick blanket under the trees.  I love the bright orange of fields of pumpkins and the scarecrows, skeletons and scary masks of Halloween that pop up everywhere.  And best of all...AT THE END OF THE DAY...I love the cuddly soft warmth of new flannel sheets when I finally call it a night and crawl into bed.

SIGNS

autumn leaves turn gold and red
then falling down they make a bed
between the trees upon the ground
while under foot a crunching sound
signals winter close at hand
when snow lies gently on the land
~FK~

No comments:

Post a Comment