Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

LABEL OR NAME



What is the difference between a label ......wife, mother, woman...and a name Kaufman?

Labels can help us distinguish one thing...or person...from another...photographer, painter, artist...or keep us at a distance...shy...timid...

SHEEPISH



We are given names...Frances...called names...Franny Bananny...and try on names...Fran or Francy.

A name can bring a memory...

GERTRUDE
 ...and Heathcliff...or an emotion...

SERENITY


Putting a label on what I do...photography...tells little about my art so I name my images.

Labels can tell you what they are but they keep you from looking further.  Names encourage looking closer...and thinking.

I am many things on any given day...a tired old woman or...

 
ONE TERRIFIC CHICK



but ultimately...whether I am labeled or named...

...AT THE END OF THE DAY...I define what and who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment