Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS




I remember when getting ready for Christmas was a month long stressful exercise in decorating, shopping, cooking and baking.   Wrapping gifts was an all night affair on Christmas eve along with putting together countless 'Santa' gifts...hoping all the parts were there...to put under the tree unwrapped...and of course the hangover Christmas morning from not enough sleep and too much 'eggnog' while trying to meet Santa's deadline.


These days someone else does most of the baking, there are fewer gifts to wrap and the Santa gifts are someone else's responsibility...and we gave up hangovers years ago...so I'm finished much sooner now and I can spend the days before and during Christmas with less stress.  



This year the last Christmas tradition is being passed on.  We change and grow...and now that I have grown older I know it's time to pass the rest of the responsibilities on to someone else.  This year I can spend Christmas eve with the family having a nice dinner I don't have to cook and watching "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" the cartoon version (another tradition) at my granddaughter's house.  I am happy to pass this last tradition on because...   

AT THE END OF THE DAY...I can just sit back and enjoy...and of course take lots of pictures...because some things never change...

No comments:

Post a Comment