Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A NEW YEAR...A NEW ADVENTURE...



"Don't think about what can happen in a month.  Don't think about what can happen in a year, just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be."         ~Eric Thomas~

A few weeks ago I almost went into a meltdown over my birthday this year, wondering, what now?  At first blush the thought of turning 70 made me feel really old and I couldn't figure out why...I don't feel any different than last year. 

After thinking about it for awhile I realized it was just the number I had been conditioned to believe is the beginning of the end and now that I have turned 70 I should spend my days in a rocking chair and 'act my age'.   

News flash... "Don't just do something, sit there"...has never suited me.

I know although I have slowed down and the years have taken their toll I have a lot of years left, if my family history is any indication.  I also know I still have many things left I want to do with my life. 

But age has also taught me that there are no guarantees...so this year I intend to begin the practice of MINDFULNESS...to stop worrying about the future and just enjoy each day...to be here...to be now...to be enough.  

AT THE END OF THE DAY... I know it probably won't be that easy but I'll learn...that's why they call it 'practice' isn't it? 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

No comments:

Post a Comment