Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

OLD BRAIN TIRED BRAIN



The holidays are gone...the surgeries are finished...we didn't float away with the rain.

My studio sign for the end of my driveway is almost ready to hang, I have applications for a couple of art/craft shows ready to fill out, and I am anxious to start working on some new things I want to have ready by spring.


I spent a lot of time in December cleaning and purging, thinking and planning, and just trying to get through the holidays without crashing and burning and got very little done in the creative department. 

I guess it's time to quit procrastinating and get to work.   

RIGHT BRAIN LEFT BRAIN

one side says
neatness counts
everything in its place

(wherever that is)

work always comes before play

the
  work
     is
        never
             done

the other side says
jump in the middle
create in all directions
tidying up can come later
when inspiration has run it’s course


the creative side will not wait

shut up mother
from now on i’m listening to my heart
.............

I have plenty of purging left to do and if I don't get some sleep soon...well, it won't be pretty...


AT THE END OF THE DAY...I think I'll work in the studio today...there is a big comfy chair in there so things could go either way...

1 comment: